Calibration of electrical measured quantities
The calibration of electrical measuring instruments covers a wide range of different measurands, measuring devices and diverse applications, which are used in almost all areas of industry.
Testo Industrial Services is characterized by a broad scope of accreditation and the lowest measurement uncertainties for electrical calibrations. From standard multimeters and oscilloscopes to high-quality high-frequency devices or reference standards - we calibrate electrical test equipment from all manufacturers. High-quality equipment and employees with the highest metrological know-how guarantee the quality during calibration. Especially in manufacturing companies’ electrical instruments and test equipment can be found. Calibrated electrical measuring equipment ensures a smooth process and should therefore be carried out precisely.
Are you active in the field of electromobility and have, among other things, current and voltage transformers, energy meters or even battery test systems in use? Then take a look at our scope of services in the field of electromobility.
Our DAkkS accreditations in the low-frequency and high-frequency range are recognized for laboratory and on-site calibrations. Take a look at our accreditation certificate.
Your advantage: Our competence
- A fully equipped primary laboratory for the calibration of your reference standards
- Smallest measurement uncertainty for DAkkS calibrations in the range of resistance calibration from 50*10⁻⁹
- Full DAkkS calibration of almost all electrical test equipment possible
- Direct repair of your electrical reference standards and devices at the Service Center Hamburg
- Full calibration of your HF devices at your site
- Normative calibration of EMC devices according to CISPR 16 and DIN EN 61000-4-X
- Extension of the calibration range of current transformers for DC and AC
- Calibration of energy meters for direct current and alternating current output
At Low Frequency Laboratory of Testo Industrial Services, various standard electrical measuring devices are calibrated with the lowest measurement uncertainties. Digital multimeters, current clamps and power supplies are classic items of low-frequency technology, where mainly direct and alternating current quantities are calibrated. Depending on the accuracy class, different references (precision resistors, calibrators such as Fluke 5520, 5700, 5320 or 6105) are used for this purpose. The calibration of the power meters is carried out in a direct measuring procedure via three measuring stations specially set up for this purpose. The traceability of these measuring stations takes place in our in-house reference laboratory.
In the low frequency range we are specialised in the following measuring instruments:
- Digital multimeter up to 6.5 digits
- Current clamps and transformers up to 1000 A
- Safety testers (VDI/VDE test equipment)
- High voltage measuring instruments - dividers and sources up to 50 kV
- LCR measuring bridges and NI measuring cards
- Power supplies and loads
- Measuring modules (IPETRONIK, IMC, HBM, CSM, ETAS, Klaric etc.)
- Power meters (power analyzers, flicker meters, harmonic analyzers)
- Bridge standards and resistors
- Function generators and counters
The field of high-frequency engineering deals with rapidly changing current and voltage characteristics and their propagation. Typical measured quantities in this range are RF power, RF reflection, modulation, frequency and RF attenuation. These five basic quantities of high-frequency technology as well as quantities derived from them can be calibrated precisely and traceably in our accredited laboratory area at six ultra-modern measuring stations.
In the high frequency range, we are specialised in the following measuring instruments:
- Spectrum and network analysers
- Signal generators
- Passive reflection standards
- Passive single and multi-port components such as directional couplers or power splitters
- Power Sensors
- Cable tester
- Passive HF components
- Calibration Kits
Furthermore, with our broad scope of accreditation according to DIN/EN/CISPR, we can calibrate the most important EMC quantities. On-site calibration directly at your premises is possible for RF devices up to 50 GHz. The measurement technology of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) deals with the interference measurement and testing of the interference immunity of devices. This calibration can be carried out at our two EMC measuring stations on the basis of different standards. Important disturbance variables, which are precisely calibrated by us, are Burst, Surge, PowerFail as well as ESD discharges. In addition to interference immunity, our laboratories can also provide the equipment for Interference measurement. In addition to interference immunity, equipment for interference measurement, such as network simulations or coupling networks, can also be calibrated in our laboratories on the basis of different standards.
In the EMC field we are specialised in the following measuring instruments:
- EMC & EMC measuring receiver
- ESD guns/generators with different discharge networks
- Burst/Surge/Powerfail Generators
- Coupling and decoupling networks
- Mesh replicas
- Transducer clamps
In addition to high-precision multimeters, this class of equipment also includes the calibrators we use ourselves in the laboratories. Depending on the field of application, a wide range of measurement technology is required for the calibration of these devices, the accuracy of which is in the range of state institutes. In our in-house reference laboratory we enable the calibration of exactly these references at three measuring stations. The traceability in this area is done directly by connecting to different state institutes, such as PTB or METAS. In addition, we have one of the smallest measurement uncertainties among all DAkkS laboratories.
In the reference measurement technology we are specialized in the following measuring instruments:
- Digital multimeter from 7.5 digits
- Reference calibrators such as Fluke 5520, 5700, 6105, 5320, 5790
- Passive Normal such as, inductances, capacitances, resistances (AC and DC)
- DC voltage standards
Our full service extends to the repair of your electrical measuring equipment. Besides the calibration we are able to repair your electrical measuring instruments in our repair centre.
We support you in your projects and are committed to your goals. Here you will find an excerpt from the references of our successful projects in the field of electrical engineering. The aim of the project at Bosch Engineering in Abstatt was to have the high-quality EMC measuring equipment calibrated by a single independent calibration service provider.
We, the Bosch Group, set ourselves high quality standards that determine our decisions and actions. In Testo Industrial Services we have found a partner who meets our requirements. Know-how, a broad calibration portfolio and an individual logistics solution are just a few aspects that we value in Testo Industrial Services.Peter Seidler
Responsible for HF and EMC equipment
Bosch Engineering GmbH
Discover our comprehensive service portfolio. As a full-service provider in the field of measurement technology, we are your optimal calibration service provider.